About a week ago, I came to the realization that we need curtains in our living room. Yes, we have been down this road before which resulted in me removing the curtains and making a tepee for Mattie Windsor, but that is all ancient history. (Please refer back to https://projecthurt.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/the-green-monster/ and https://projecthurt.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/windows-curtains-tepee-love/.)

My goal was to add a sense of height into our living room without compromising the natural light that our family craves. I stopped by my favorite fabric store and selected a few swatches to review with Jed. Luckily, we both agreed upon the same neutral Greek key pattern.

20130529-184728.jpg

I took advantage of the three day weekend and put my seamstress skills to work. I embellished the top of the curtains with metal rings salvaged from a set of hideous drapes that conveyed with our house.

20130529-184723.jpg

Jed hung a recycled a pair of curtain rods that we had removed from the foyer to finish the project.

20130529-191231.jpg

These curtains have staying power.

20130529-184824.jpg

I promise!

Advertisements